I went to see my Dr on the 18th of December looking for a prescription for Zyban, I didn't know how it worked and I had heard a few horror stories about people taking seizures, but I felt I was desperate and I was willing to try anything. The Dr. informed me that it helps alot for some people, a little for others and not at all for still others. Great I thought, another waste of money. I've quit before and quitting in the past had literally left me as a basket case. One time, if I remember correctly, Luc went out and bought me a pack a cigarettes because he didn't know what to do with me, I was such a wreck. I started taking it that evening, two weeks before my quit date. While I was still smoking for those two weeks, I found that I just wasn't enjoying smoking like I used to. It was becoming a pain in the ass to smoke. A couple of times, I thought I would quit before the 31st, but I always wound up buying another pack of smokes. I thought "This is going to be tough, I don't know how I'm going to do it." So on the 31st, armed with a no alcohol New Years attitude, and my package of nicorette inhaler (My nicotine replacement choice), I was bound and determined to not smoke anymore. We went to a party, which I probably shouldn't have gone too, because after 20 years of smoking, knowing that in just a few hours you are going to smoke your last cigarette ever, is pretty emotional. It was pretty hard to try and keep a smile on my face, and I don't think I was doing a very good job. I woke up on the first, and I had no desire to smoke at all. But even weirder than that, I didn't have any craving for nicotine either. A 20 year pack a day habit was gone. "poof". Just like that. I'm absolutely amazed at how these little purple pills work. I've only had to use the inhaler a couple of times in the last six days. Don't get me wrong. The habit wasn't gone, but I knew I was going to make it. And compared to the many catastrophic attempts in the past, that last cigarette will be my last. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have not had a cigarette in Five days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 36 seconds. I have said NO to 141 cigarettes. I have saved $56.41. By not smoking, I have saved 11 hours, 45 minutes of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment