Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The life span of Canadian Broadcasting.

From a consumers point of view of course.



So today CBC announced it was going to lay off 800 employees. I guess they can't make a go of it with Canadian content. I wonder if they are kicking their asses now for giving up the HNIC theme?



As an aside, they are increasing funding to the CBC.ca website. It's about time the media outlets started paying attention to what's going on around them. I hope it's not too late.



Meanwhile the CRTC is in hearings trying to force Canadian content down our throats.



I know we have to support Canadian Arts. I know this. But apparently a lot of Canadians don't realise this. They would rather be entertained, than poke their eyes out with a hot poker, all in the name of Canadian content. And how can I blame them. Entertainment is just that. Entertainment. It's supposed to be fun. Do we have to be dragged kicking and screaming to do our civic duty?



Why are these companies and government agencies fighting the losing battle of the status quo, instead of being innovative and coming up with new and unique ideas.



Canadians can not compete with budgets of the big US. Why bother trying. We need to come up with something else.



Umm. That's sounds kind of defeatest, and that's not really the point I was trying to get at. Maybe the point is to accept that we can not win. So we either have to accept second place and work within those confines, or we need to come up with another plan.



But forcing the consumer to buy into something that they just don't want is, well defeatest.



Anyway, now my post is rambly and doesn't make sense, but there are too many words to delete.



Muahahaha. See what you will be stuck reading if the CRTC, get's their canadian content way.



Take that Anderson Cooper.



Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: