Wednesday, September 03, 2008

They can "Kiss my Grits"


So, Luc, Court and I are sitting watching TV last night when the phone rings. It’s Court’s school. They have an automated message center where they can call out prerecorded messages to parents. It’s a pretty cool idea. And it was pretty handy last year when the school had all that trouble.

Anyway, the message last night was that school was starting tomorrow and that the students were required to have their $50 student fees in either a money order or certified cheque. They weren’t going to accept cash or personal cheques. WTF!!!!

You call me 12 hours before school starts, after the banks are closed and say that my kid needs a money order or certified cheque. WTFever.

So off Courtney goes to her room after she throws a hissy fit because I’m not going to take time off work to go get her a money order from the bank in the morning, and pulls out the letter from last year, calls one of her friends about the phone call and comes back with letter in hand that says they will accept cash.

I told her “Good, you take the cash and your letter and if they have a problem with it, they can call me”

The freaking nerve. GAH!

I had a Mom flashback. I can’t remember where she got it from, but I can remember her saying “They can KISS MY GRITS” LOL. Funny stuff. I had to look it up. Flo from the sitcom Alice used to say it.

Anyway, later on Luc went to go get some groceries and get the cash (back) for Court. There was a woman in front of him that got the $50 cash back too and gave it to her son that was standing with her.

On a positive note though, at least the phone call worked and I’m sure there are at least two students that have their $50, regardless of mo

No comments: