Monday, September 01, 2008

Summer's Over

Well that's it. The last long weekend of summer. The last of our camping for this year. School starts on Wednesday.

We were camping this weekend at Riverland. We were in swamp land. We couldn't even sit out under the awning in the rain the ground was so soft. We ruined the lot with our truck. It was bad.

I'm really not impressed with our camping this summer. It doesn't feel like we did nearly enough.

With Luc not working, we didn't do much camping in July in preparation for our big trip, but it seems like it's been raining since we went.

We were talking again about going seasonal again. Especially with weather like we've had. It's just plain gross camping in the rain. Even in a motor home. Blech. But I think we decided against it again.

Now that we are seeing all the different campgrounds, Riverland really isn't that shit hot, to be honest. We like the people and we know most of them, but when it comes right down to it, it's not worth the money that goes into paying for it.

I was just thinking that we went to Luc's parents at the beginning of October last year in the hard top. Maybe we will make one more trip in the motorhome. That would be a good time to go.

Either that or I think I will spring a trip to Toronto, to see Terri Clark for our anniversary. Oh wait, I'm the fan not him. hee hee.

No comments: