Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Smoking

Bah! I haven't had a smoke since 9pm last night. That's 11 hours and 42 minutes, give or take. I've decided to take the plunge, and I am not one bit happy about it. I don't want to quit smoking, I have to quit smoking. I have almost had two melt downs already this morning, and I've only been here for two hours.

I have the shakes, I have a headache, I'm ready to cry at a given moment.


Most people who smoke think of their cigarettes as good friends who support
them through thick and thin.

This is the one thing that I can't break free from. This quote came from the Health Canada website. Nobody understands this. To actually see this quote on the website is almost comforting. Somebody does understand this.

I am using the Nicorette Inhaler, but it makes me cough and gag. Blech. I don't like the patch, because of the continuous nicotine flow. I don't like the gum, because you have to hold it in your mouth for so long. Rick quit using the lozenges. He said they worked well, but they don't sell those in Canada.

No comments: