
So I went on another little hunt. My daughter and I went looking for a cache that was located in a local sportsplex. I hadn't decoded a morse code hint and so we looked around stairwells and plants and under stairs. There were lots of muggles around so we didn't get too far.
What's a muggle you ask? Apparently it has something to do with Harry Potter. In geocaching it has something to do with someone upsetting / stealing / wrecking a cache. I will have to research it some more just so I know what I'm talking about. Both references actually.
Oh yea, back to the cache.
So Son and Daughter had soccer registration at the same sportsplex the other night so I thought I would give it another go. This time I decoded the morse code. Well, that answers a lot. It was a number. It was a number to what I assumed was a book in the library that was in the sportsplex. AHA! So off I went. Well, after I spent half an hour standing in lines to get the kids registered for soccer.
I found the number and the book in the Reference section. Isn't that nifty there is a book in the library about the Atlantic Geocachers. Oh wait. I'm a numbnut. It's a book with a printout on the spine. Anyway, the book was cut out to hold the cache. Pretty clever if you ask me. I found it. Wheee!
In other news, I'm working on a history of geocaching and a what is geocaching post. I am more than likely going to get a garmin legend anyway, even though I took it back. The Magellan batter just doesn't last long enough to do anything with, and it's just too delicate to walk through the mud and the much with.
No comments:
Post a Comment